Coming Soon: The Welfare Charter- a Sneak Preview.
Unemployed centres, trade unions (PCS and UNITE Community), London Unemployment Strategies, and Trades Councils are due to launch a Welfare Charter soon.
Ipswich Unemployed Action has a sneak preview of this document, which sets out the basis for decent treatment of claimants and a real way of dealing with unemployment.
The Charter promotes a “social security system that enables everyone to have a safe warm home, good food, propery clothing and being able to participate in society.
The Charter promotes:
- A Political commitment to full employment achieved with decent jobs..
- A wage you can live on for all and a social security system that works to end poverty.
- No work conscription – keep volunteering voluntary.
- Representation for unemployed workers.
- Appoint an Ombudsman for claimants.
- Equality in the labour market and workplace; equality in access to benefits.
- And end to the sanctions regime and current Work Capability Assessment – full maintenance for the unemployment and underemployed.
- State provision of high quality information, advice and guidance on employment, training and careers.
These demands together should form the basis for our fight for a decent life.
One for all and all for one!
Facebook : The Welfare Charter.
Written by Andrew Coates
September 10, 2015 at 2:50 pm
Subscribe to comments with RSS.