Employment Related Courses.
96. Jobcentre Plus employment or training programmes are not employment related courses.
97. If a claimant wishes to participate full-time in a longer employment-related course, eg 4 weeks, they can only be treated as available and ASE for the first 2 weeks. For the remainder of the course they will be a full-time student and therefore cannot be treated as available for work.
98. An employment related course is a course which will help a claimant acquire or enhance the skills needed for:
· employment; and/or
· seeking employment; and/or
· a particular occupation, for example:
o deep-sea diving course;
o large goods vehicle driving course; or
o a period of trial before employment begins.
99. For a course to be accepted as ‘employment related’ it is not necessary for it to be the type of work that is recorded on the claimant’s JSAg but it must improve their chances of getting a job. A CV writing course would be regarded as employment related if it improved the claimant’s employability.”
Subscribe to comments with RSS.