So, you are a registered employer from the previous directgov job system and have submitted a recent job vacancy through EDon (Employers’ Direct online)… your job advert then gets migrated across to the new Universal Jobmatch system… we notice errors…
- Universal Jobmatch now displays your company telephone number (without the first zero I must add). The reason you never disclosed this number you gave to Jobcentre Plus to register is it can result in non-stop phone calls… which for a small employer with one line that can only take one simultaneous call… is a big problem
- Now displays “0.01 – 0.01 per month” under Salary… 1p per month… really? (I suppose that is still one shiny British penny than a lot of (workfare) offerings these days.)
So… what you can think of a quick call to the 0845 number to put right becomes a nightmare…
After waiting 15 minutes in the queue (not much different to the on hold notices at the jobseeker lines… despite employer services – I must add that they are still advertising http://www.direct.gov.uk on their phone systems) I then come to some big hurdles.
In this order of presence… (Please Note: I do not want to add a new vacancy… just want to get the phone number removed and the salary inaccuracies removed also)
- As an employer I had no right to withhold my company phone number. I then had to explain that customers cannot get through on the phone line as it wont stop ringing and that I couldn’t run my business having to keep answering the phone. Answer “Oh ok…”. When asked for them to remove it…
- I will need to register for Universal Jobmatch (as an employer through a Business Link subdomain) and accept the Terms and Conditions. Wait a moment… I had to tell the woman on the phone, I had absolutely no intention of registering for this new system and it relates to a job advertised through EDon (for the 8th time!) Answer “Oh ok…”.
- Requests my Government Gateway ID which I didn’t have to hand. I asked if my postcode and company name would suffice. Sends me an invite for Universal Jobmatch to accept the Terms and Conditions… Ironically, I never received the email!
- “Sorry the system doesn’t recognise your postcode“. You got to be joking me?!
- “What town are you in?” Answer: Ipswich. “Where is that?” (You got to be joking me?! Seriously?) Answer: “Its the county town of Suffolk“. (*Another computer says no moment*) Answer: “It’s in East Anglia“. (Giving instructions adequate for them to draw a rather precise map…) After a few minutes longer she responded… “Anglia? East Anglia… Oh, its under Anglia” (None of the other regions on the drop down related to anything like Anglia). To this day I have no idea how its event relevant to the post code!
- After apologises about the new system and not knowing how to work it (fair enough, I didn’t expect any less) apparently the job vacancy details were changed… I thanked her for her time.
As of 9.50pm the job advertisement hasn’t changed at all. What a waste of time. its of some irony how Jobcentre Plus treats both jobseekers and employers like shit.