Social Fund Localisation.
Not in the Queen’s Speech ‘Family-Friendly Agenda’.
“Inclusion’s Centre for Responsible Credit is currently researching local authority plans to implement the localisation of elements of the Social Fund from April 2013. The Social Fund provides on-off financial support for low income households for a number of emergency expenses.
From April 2013, the government will abolish the existing Social Fund scheme. The current levels of expenditure on Community Care Grants and Crisis Loans Social Fund elements will be paid as non-ringfenced grants to upper tier local authorities and to the Scottish and Welsh Assembly government.
Community Care Grants currently support people with disabilities, lone parents and those at risk or moving out of institutional care. Crisis Loans tend to go to the long-term unemployed. We are keen to obtain views on current thinking about the local models of delivery which will be put in place to support vulnerable groups once budgets are devolved. “(From Here)
For “non-ringfenced” read, up to the Local Council to decide.
So essential money for those in desperate need is to be allocated according to the decisions of Councillors, advised by their officers.
We can imagine that, for example, Westminster Council, keen to get rid of its poor (and already cleansing them to out of London housing), will not be exactly forthcoming.
|jj joop on MYGo Centre Jobs (Ipswich), Ni…|
|Tobanem on MYGo Centre Jobs (Ipswich), Ni…|
|Andrew Coates on MYGo Centre Jobs (Ipswich), Ni…|
|enigma on TUC Demo: People’s Assem…|
|jj joop on TUC Demo: People’s Assem…|
- 778,144 hits
- Bad news and no newsThere's a bit of news today which provides no comfort for A4e. Big reforms to pensions come in next year, and the government has recognised that people will need advice and guidance. It was expected that the Money Advice Service (MAS) would be the outfit to deliver that; but no. The Pensions Advisory Service will deliver the non-face to face guidance […]
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- MYGo Centre Jobs (Ipswich), Nice Work…. if you can get it….
- TUC Demo: People’s Assembly Against Workfare.
- The Power to Sanction Drives People Mad.
- Guide To Stopping Harassment From the DWP.
- Older Workers Face Job Discrimination on Universal Job Match
- Warning to all Jobseekers about Enigma: All the World Can Read Your CVs!